Tuesday 7 October 2014

Choosing land

Aesthetics

I once saw a strawbale window view like this:

I happen to know that this house is otherwise awesome. But. Seriously? A beautiful arch window overlooking... a brick wall?

To my mind, the strawbale home is suited to a natural environment. It lends itself to a design that integrates nature.
Not sure this is strawbale, but the design elements could readily be adapted in strawbale.
Prefer a tree-inspired view myself, but I could still enjoy a lengthy daze out of this window.
My neck of the woods looks more like gumtrees than pine, but nonetheless; this. Lots of trees, please.
In my ideal, we would choose a property that was rich in views. For the next eight years, at least, we are tied to vicinity of our primary school. We moved out here specifically to attend this school, so it is very likely we will remain here at least until both boys are in high school. I personally have a preference for living within walking or cycling distance of school, which limits our ideal zones to the following.

Suburb
Vicinity to school
Views
Public transport
Likely size
Price range ($k)
Comment
Ww
Walking distance
Potentially
15 mins away
360 – 7100 m2
$360 - $650
Limited opportunity
WP
Neighbouring suburb
Awesome
20-25 mins away
Acreage
Unknown
Rare as hens teeth
Wd
Neighbouring suburb
Green wedge
25-30 mins away
1-5 acres
$515 - $900
Priced out
N Wd
Neighbouring suburb
Green wedge
35-45 mins away
1-2 acres
$290 - $390
Fire danger


No comments:

Post a Comment